Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Reverse Side of "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix it"

I’m #sorrynotsorry about not having blogged in a while. I’ve been doing what works for me and these things are:

1. Trying to get enough sleep
2. Keeping up with my somewhat crazy kiddos
3. Writing on Fiverr
4. Working out ways to get more sleep!

 For real, I’ve been fantasizing about leaving the kids with the hubs overnight and checking into a hotel by myself just so I can get more than four hours of sleep in a row!!! We “converted” the crib to a toddler bed about six weeks ago and Little Dude has only slept through the night three times since! Total bummer, but that’s not what this post is about so I’ll just suck it up and have another cup of coffee!

 It’s important to note that SEWING does not feature in the above list. Something had to be sacrificed on the altar of sleep and it pains me to admit it, but my time is precious and sewing for Facebook groups and prospective Etsy shoppers is just not a great return on my invested time (and fabric) at this point.

I’m not one to toot my own horn, but copywriting for other etsy shops and small online businesses seems to be working out right now (touch wood, cross fingers etc!). I’m enjoying it and, thanks to my new tablet, I can do it in the midst of kid chaos. It’s kind of a winner by all accounts so I’m going to transfer my creative energy fully into that and expand my writing empire by launching my writing services through my Etsy shop (not sure why it took me ten months to realize I could do that!!).

New Year seems to be a good time to make the change! (Yes, I realize it's February already!!!)

 I’m still going to sew (because honestly I don’t know how to stop! I constantly have sewing project ideas running through my head!), but mostly for my own kids and maybe even a few things for myself! I’m also still going to continue to love and support my handmade friends in any way I can on the social medias.

 That is the plan until there’s a new plan! Get a load of my exciting new Etsy listings and banner!


No comments:

Post a Comment